In the booming internet era, millennial students are more inclined toward social media internships. As a perfect combination of an adult who can understand work ethics and is youthful enough to stay in the loop with the internet trends, it is obvious that a social media internship seems to be an exciting start for your career. Social media has now become such a huge part of our lives that it will stay for the longest and any business that is not on social media will be losing a huge potential market growth. Not only is social media marketing trending, but the careers related to the field are also trending.
When you are sure to take up a career as a social media marketer, it is important to build a strong foundation with a social media internship. The things you learn in your first social media internship are going to be the first step toward paving your journey. Thus it becomes very important to know what you are going to learn out of the internship and also to know the skill gaps that you need to brush upon.
As a digital marketing intern, you will be assisting the marketing team on digital communication projects. Under the supervision and guidance of a supervising manager, you would be working on gathering industry-related digital insights and identifying growth opportunities. The basic learnings will include the development of content according to the project goals and handling digital platforms, besides developing and implementing marketing strategies. Before you start with a social media internship, remember that you should be capable of handling all sorts of content and digital marketing tasks, providing a helping hand to the existing marketing strategies, and also coming up with fresh insights.
The task of Social Media Intern might include the following
Create a content calendar:
Any company that wants to boost its social media presence, should have a properly planned content calendar. It will help them avoid content scrambling, low-quality photos, and posting random unorganized content. As an intern, take up the task of creating a calendar for several weeks, keeping in mind the major holidays, brand happenings, hashtags, and social media trends. Don’t forget to keep free space for any impromptu posts.
One of the primary tasks of an intern is to conduct a competitive audit of the brand, and understand how they are marketing itself on social media platforms. The result of the audit should focus on the key takeaways like the number of followers, content type, target audience, etc. These key takeaways should be presented in a way that will be used to move forward with the brand’s social strategy.
Communicate with the followers/fans:
Customer engagement is an important brand-building activity on social media, which can be time-consuming. As a social media intern, you can easily take charge of engaging with the audience. It doesn’t require to be very formal, and can be as simple as “Thanks for the support!” or “Thanks for the mention!”. You can find the audience who engages most with the content, check what content is generating clicks or revenue and help the company build the audience base.
Create Visual Creative
An intern’s job also includes copywriting, including creatives for social media uploads and blogs. Use your internship period to learn about creating SEO-rich headlines, error-free copies, and different article formatting to be posted. Make sure to brush up on your design skills. Knowing any graphic design software is a plus for you as you will most likely have to create custom graphics for social media and blog posts, like infographics or images with quote overlays.
More and more students are now moving forward to make careers in digital marketing. An internship is effective and inexpensive (sometimes comes with added monetary benefits) to brush up your skill sets and stand out from the crowd. A social media internship provides the hands-on experience you might need to understand the complex topics of digital marketing. Through an internship, you can also build a wide professional network, which can also help in your passion for digital marketing.
Take a step forward. Go ahead with an internship and brush up on your skills.
Instagram doesn’t need any introduction. One of the most interactive features of this social platform is Instagram live, which allows the users to stream live videos to their followers. It is said to be a great way to connect to the audience directly.
Even though it is said that the insta live is hard, the numbers tell otherwise. According to a survey conducted by New York Magazine and Livestream.com, nearly 80% of the audience prefer to watch a live stream over reading a blog post. According to the same survey, 67% of the audience who watched the live stream bought tickets to a similar event that was held later. This became a reality check for the brand which thought that live streaming was just a passing fad. Live videos are a popular trend that is to stay, which makes it important for the brands to understand how to get the most views on Instagram live.
Benefits of Instagram Live
- Increased Visibility: With more than 300 million posts getting uploaded every day, there is a high chance that your post goes unnoticed. That’s simply a wasted effort and time. Stories have helped combat this issue, but it’s the Instagram live feature that took it a step further. Instagram live is push notification enabled, making it easier for the followers to get an alert each time. This significantly increases awareness and develops the potential for reach. Also, Instagram Live streams are placed at the front of the storyline, which is why you get the most views on instagram live. Instagram Live streams are also highlighted, which increases interest and draw to watch.
- Trustworthiness: The major reason audiences tend to love Instagram live content is that it is authentic. The happenings are spontaneous and real-time, which makes it impossible to fake the brand. It also breaks the barrier by bringing in a real-time interactive conversation with the audience. It creates a face-to-face experience that feels genuine and personal and thus earns trust. Trust is now an extremely important factor for the millennial audience and thus affects revenue generation directly. The brands that lack transparency hold the risk of losing customers to their more transparent competitors.
- Engagement: Instagram stories are better with engagement, while Instagram live opens up more potential. The viewers are directed towards the action stream, as it is a two-way interaction. Stories last only 60 seconds and Instagram live can extend to a full hour. This gives a lot more scope to choose from in terms of content and increases the chance of a lead conversion.
How to get the most views on Instagram Live?
Hitting the ‘Go Live’ button- Starting at 0 views and remaining 0 throughout is the biggest nightmare for anyone going live on Instagram. It’s true, but here’s something you can do about it.
- Promote the live session beforehand.
- Get people to sign up and send reminder
- Get partners/ influencers to promote int
- Choose the best time
- Create engaging content
- Interact with viewers
- Longer Live streaming
- Broadcast on multiple platforms
- Focus on content over setup
Instagram’s lives can be highly effective in building a brand name in the market. It helps to reach out to more people and build relationships with the audience. It takes a lot of work to get more views on any live stream but considering the above-mentioned tips, one can grow the audience view gradually.
Tips to keep in mind while conducting an Insta Live
Starting an insta live aimlessly might not result in the desired goal. Yeah, random live sessions are definitely fun but setting up a target to be met, makes the insta live more structured, focused, and worth the time. Below are the major tips to keep in mind while going live on insta.
- Engage the viewers: Instagram live is the easiest way to engage with your followers in real-time. While engaging with followers in a live session allows the brand to gain more trust which is very crucial for any brand. Insta live engagement isn’t simply about answering a few questions but is more about listening to their needs and giving them what they need. Only this way, the brand can earn followers’ trust.
- Road Map: It is important to have a clear road map before starting an Instagram live. You need to know about the pitfalls on the way to your destination. It is advisable to note down the points you want to cover. Even though the reality might not go as planned, it is important to stick to the initial plan. This helps the live session to be focused and stay on track, and save it from going off the rails.
- Set Goals: The success of social media campaigns depends on the goals set, making Instagram live no exception. Going live with no plan or objective leads to nowhere. Set a SMART goal before going live on insta. SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based.
In the past few years, Instagram has evolved beyond a photo-sharing app, and now became a social commercial hub and birthplace of many social media trends.
Instagram stories got introduced back in 2016, and have been adopted by nearly 400 million users. In the same year, the Instagram Live Video feature was introduced following the success of Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter’s live-streaming features. Instagram Live is a helpful feature that has some definite benefits. Interestingly enough, it’s still a feature that isn’t getting much use.
Although Instagram live isn’t currently a priority for many brands, it remains an unexplored core offering. Instagram live provides lucrative partnership opportunities for brands to collaborate with followers and especially influencers easily. Instagram Live is a great format for brands to share unedited, authentic real-time content with an engaged audience where they can also promote the brand organically. And beyond its current uses, Instagram Live has an exciting future ahead for brands to explore.
Want to know how to fix a bulb? Go to youtube
Want to cook lasagna? Go to youtube
Want to learn a new course? Go to youtube
The availability of a variety of content is one of the main reasons why it has gained immense popularity. Youtube is easy for the creators to share their content with a large audience too. Youtube has something for everyone.
It was in April 2005, the first-ever video was uploaded on Youtube and ever since then, it has come a long way. There’s a lot to Youtube, a lot more that can grow any brand in the coming years.
Thanks to the features and reach of Youtube, it has become a useful marketing channel for businesses. Any brand can use Youtube to launch, promote their products, express a brand’s personality, spread the word through customers, and also monitor their feedback.
Having a social network doesn’t harm, but it is important to stand out in the crowd. Leading brands like Redbull, Volvo, Google, Marvel Entertainment, etc are a few of the channels that make it into the top views list. Many brands are not using this video-based network to improve their brand’s online presence. Below mentioned are a few of the most important reasons why every brand should have its youtube presence.
Importance of a youtube channel for a brand
Youtube can help expose any business to its potential customers and engage in two-way communication with them.
- Advertising: Youtube is the biggest video search engine in the world, with 2 Billion users worldwide. Adding informative video content regarding the product can quickly get your product to millions of potential customers. Youtube is a place to speak about everything about the brand establish yourself as an expert and also provide a way for the target audience to contact you.
- Communication: Youtube is a great channel for external as well as internal communication. Brands interact with customers using the comment functionality or through the private messaging function that allows direct individual communication. Being an easy-to-use video hosting platform, it is also an excellent way to post internal announcements and communication.
- Complaints and Considerations: A brand can easily monitor feedback and complaints on Youtube. By actively policing the channel the brand can make efforts to appease the customers and turn the situation into exceptional customer service.
Why do you need a Youtube Management Company?
Any youtube management company aims to grow the channel exponentially by increasing subscribers and engagement. Even though that sounds obvious, it requires a special skill set to meet the goals, which as a brand you might lack. Managing a youtube channel’s tasks is not as simple as it sounds, and this can be a burden for the brand. Thus it is advisable to outsource it.
A few major tasks of the youtube channel management company are:
- Uploading videos and managing them
- Conducting keyword research
- Optimizing titles, descriptions, and tags
- Playlisting and promoting videos on Youtube
- Managing viewer’s interaction and engagement
- Being updated with the changes/ updates on the platform
- Ensuring the adherence of the video to the youtube guidelines
- Maintenance of the channel quality
- Content Governance
- Documentation updating and storing
- Gathering insights and providing recommendations
- Presenting project ideas and optimizing the process
- Increasing revenue of the channel
Youtube is making an undeniable impact in the world, with anyone having access to the internet having access to it. Due to the number of content on Youtube, one can actually find it difficult to get their videos discovered initially. With the help of a youtube management firm, one can gain a huge amount of subscribers and views. When a brand creates a video, it can post it on its Youtube channel, and embed it on its site. It naturally transfers brand recognition even if the video isn’t watched from the site.
Like. Share. Subscribe
1. Is youtube effective for a business?
Youtube not only allows the business to gain more exposure but also helps in connecting with current and potential marketing. There’s no right time to start a Youtube channel. Start using marketing as a tool to gain more reach and trust.
2. Should I have a youtube channel for my business?
Youtube is a very effective platform for both small and established businesses. Video content is engaging and can serve many purposes for a business. Creating a youtube channel for your brand can help in bringing the audience to a centralized platform and engaging them.
3. Why hire a youtube management company?
While you know what your brand needs, a youtube management company knows how to design the best creative ideas and effective video strategies and turn them into fruitful results.
Digital Marketing is on high rise these days, thanks to the world getting inclined more and more towards internet marketing attracting more businesses online
Social Media Marketing is a popular growing concept due to the numerous advantages it offers. It has the power of branding and can make profits for businesses